After a two-year absence the Great Lakes Regional Conference is back live in Moline Illinois. The Conference team and Board recognize with the continued issues related to the ever-changing Covid health crisis that some may not be comfortable traveling or attending in person. Acknowledging this the Conference will be offered both live and in person as well as virtually. Knowing that not all aspects of the Conference can be offered virtually we set a lower price for those attending online.
A few things to note…
- To vote in the business meeting for the Board candidates, ministers and LUT’s must confirm their membership and non-credentialed leaders must present a letter from the Minister or Board giving voting privileges. A church is allowed 3 additional non-credential members to vote.
- Attending virtually. Remember the business meeting is free and open to everyone. Have your Board and/or leadership attend via a watch party.
- All reports will be posted online prior to the Conference as well as the reports from the field.
- Illinois is requiring masks at all indoor gatherings. This is a quickly changing dynamic and the Conference team will keep everyone informed. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
- If flying and would like a ride from the airport by the hotel shuttle, call the hotel directly, (309) 764-1000 to arrange transportation. Staff needs to be scheduled to accommodate the attendee requests.
- To register for a room, call the hotel (309) 764-1000. There is a block of rooms booked for Unity attendees.
- The NRD team has an excellent slate of 5 candidates for 4 open Board seats. Check out the website for bios of the candidates. Don’t have time to read a copy of the bios? One will be provided in your opening welcome pack.
- Our keynote speaker is Rev Sharon Conners. Many of you may know her as the former minister at the Unity Village Chapel. Currently, Rev Sharon Connors serves at Sr. Minister at Unity Spiritual Center in Sun City, AZ. She has also served ministries in San Diego, Unity Village, San Francisco. Sharon has served as Chair of the Board of Trustees of Unity Worldwide Ministries; advisor on the Association for Global New Thought; Board of Directors for Bread for The Journey; Board of Directors for Holos Graduate Theological Seminary as well as President of Regional Unity Boards.
Rev Sharon recently published a book, Adventures in Resiliency, that I believe all of us working in ministry have faced the last two years.
- Our musical guest, Kim-Char Meredith, is the music director at Unity of Naperville. In a music career that has spanned nearly 40 years and over 16 albums, Kim-Char Meredith is perhaps indie music’s best kept secret. Not that her talents have gone unnoticed: Meredith’s first five independent albums nabbed three Na Hoku Hano Hano Award nominations (Hawaii’s version of the Grammy); Meredith was honored with a Hawaii Music Award for “Favorite Pop Recording Artist” for her CD release, Slender Line of Lavender; her other projects continue to garner praise. Meredith is a refreshing burst of contagious energy who delivers she joyfully connects with, and thoroughly entertains, each audience. Check out the Unity Great Lakes Facebook page to sample Kim-Char’s music.
- Memorial service facilitated by Rev Rick Beattie honoring those who have transitioned.
- LUT Lunch with Rev Greg Coles, the Great Lakes Regional Representative, providing an engaging and timely presentation.
- A Townhall style Q&A with the field representatives.
For live attendees
- Opening night reception and social hour with hors d'oeuvres.
- Ice Cream Social after the Memorial Service.
- Opportunities to connect and great old friends and establish new. relationships with colleagues.
To register, either live or virtual, go to the Great Lakes Unity website and register through the Whova app. We will keep you up to date through Whova any changes in the schedule and the latest on the Covid restrictions.